7/16/2011

Super Sega Genesis Mini

Some have complained that I haven't paid any attention to other systems such as the line of quality Sega products.  That's true mostly due to the fact that I do not yet own the 5.8mm inverted hex security bit for the cartridges.  Nonetheless I do love me some Sega.  So I do keep my eyes open to the wacky world of modders' and their Sega projects.  Which if any of you are Master System fans and you haven't checked out SMS Power then you're really just a poser.  This Genesis Mini is a great example of a good idea that turns out awesome when completed.  I had considered this same idea with the 10-in-1 Atari joystick still sold in stores today.  Hands down this is way sweeter.  This particular post is back from 2006.  Sadly, I remember these 6-in-1 Sega games came out for a Christmas season and then were holiday priced and vanished (pictured in the top right) before I snagged one.  They weren't a bad selection of six games either and of course from the front on the "mini" unit is a three button controller in classic Genesis style.  For someone to take this novel retail idea and turn it into a fully functional Sega Genesis is a great testiment to the Modding philosophy.  If you build it, I will post it!  Below is a direct cut'n'paste from TechEBlog.
Kotomi took one of those 6-in-1 Sega TV game devices and turned it into a Genesis/Mega Drive mini, complete with cartridge slot. One potential drawback, he doesn't mention if the cartridge slot is functional -- it's an interesting project none the less. 
-kaokensho

No comments:

Post a Comment