10/20/2010

DS Lite Hinge Repair

 Okay, so this is only technically a mod but that still counts!  My DS Lite had a broken left hinge.  Other than the fact that it felt like it would break in two at any given moment it worked just fine.  Since I'm so cheap I set out on the internet to find a solution.  There are several different sources for replacement shells and hinges.  Also you'll need a special triwing screwdriver for the 50 million funky screws throughout the DS construction.  I bought a hinge+triwing and a case on ebay all together for about twenty bucks.  Not bad.  I watched a few youtube videos and got my self taught Ph.D. in DS repair...two hours later...I finally got it all together and nada.  I had done something wrong and bricked it.  Disgusted with myself I went to bed.  The following day I tried again by simply dissecting and reassembling it again.  Second time around it only took about twenty minutes.  By golly it worked!  Thank goodness for youtube and never giving up.
-kaokensho

No comments:

Post a Comment